80 percent of women business leaders and executives are former Girl Scouts.
Who are we?
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois is in schools and neighborhoods – from inner cities to rural communities – throughout our 38 counties.
- We are 20,000 girls and 4,500 adults strong and growing.
- We are one council, led by 70 employees in five offices and four camps.
What do we do?
- We support our troop leaders, the front line in building girls of courage, confidence and character.
- We provide hundreds of programs for girls each year, teaching leadership skills to last a lifetime.
Where do we work?
- We have five leadership centers, in Bettendorf, Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, Waterloo and West Burlington, and one satellite office in Decorah.
- We operate four camps: Conestoga, L-Kee-Ta, Little Cloud and Tahigwa.
How do we do it?
- We graciously accept the support of dozen key sponsors who understand the deeper value of Girl Scouts. Our 100th anniversary sponsors are John Deere, Proctor and Gamble, Riverboat Development Authority and Spirit Hollow Golf Course.
- We are a United Way agency.
- We sell cookies!
- We have member support. Membership is $12 a year, or $300 for a lifetime. Grants are available for girls and adults who are unable to pay.
- We have a passion for girls that drives us all.
To learn more about Girl Scouts nationally and internationally, visit the facts page from Girl Scouts of the USA.