Girl Scout Archives
The primary aim of the Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois Archives is to collect, preserve, and present local and national historical Girl Scout materials to girls, alumni, and adults. As a council, we value our history and hope to get Girl Scouts – past and present – excited and interacting with materials.
Our collection includes a wide variety of photographs, documents, uniforms and other memorabilia that represent local and national Girl Scout milestones, local Girl Scout response to national events, and show girls having fun.
How to access our collection
- Online through our timeline.
- Online by browsing our digital collection on Flickr
- By checking out uniforms or traveling trunks available at each leadership center
- In person by arranging an appointment to visit our collection
- By requesting a copy of a specific material
To access the collection, email us or call 800-798-0833.
Donate historical items or time
Donations cover a wide range of items including “that old stuff” in your grandmother’s attic, and your old uniforms or camp photos…we even take digital photos! Still unsure if you have trash or treasure? Contact us and tell us what you have.
Our current wish list includes:
- Daisy and the Girl Scouts: The Story of Juliette Gordon Low by Fern G. Brown
- Girl and adult uniforms after 1990
- Handbooks and leader books 1990 – 2000
- Photographs after 2000 (prints or digital files)
- Newspaper articles after 2000