Planning for the Future
Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois has a continual focus to deliver the best leadership experience for girls that is girl driven and result based. In striving to exceed the expectations of our communities, families and girls, our council establishes strategic initiatives to ensure opportunities and resources are available to fulfill our mission. “Gap” teams are working to achieve the following key priorities by 2016.
Our Key Priorities
- Ways to Participate – Ensure girls receive Girl Scout experience in ways which match their wants, needs and expectations.
- Infrastructure for Volunteers – Develop and implement a comprehensive volunteer management system that drives the best leadership experience for girls.
- Communication and Marketing – Deliver a consistent and compelling brand message resulting in informed stakeholders and expanded perceptions of Girl Scouts.
- Data Collection and Management - Accessible and relevant strategy-driven data that becomes actionable to key stakeholders.
- Asset Management – Effective systems and facilities to support providing the best experience to girls and their communities.
Performance excellence focuses our council strategic learning process and council measurements using criteria from the National Baldrige Performance Excellence Program and Girl Scouts of the USA Annual Charter Review Process.
This work includes identifying benchmarks and baselines for comparison with council measurement and coordinating the activities of gap teams to ensure implementation of the strategies.
The performance excellence committee guides the work. The committee volunteers are talented professionals knowledgeable in practices of quality and excellence.
For more information about strategic initiatives, contact Allison Johnson.