Outdoor Adventure Weekends
Outdoor Adventure Weekends
Outdoor Adventure Weekends are camping experiences for troops and groups in which girls in 1st grade - 8th grade and their adult volunteers participate in a weekend full of fun and adventure. We provides the site, sleeping facilities, well-balanced meals, project supplies and experienced instructors to deliver pre-planned activities throughout the weekend. Troops participate in grade level appropriate activities, while having opportunities to interact with girls of multiple grade levels during meal times and during certain activities.
Girl Scout leaders will be responsible for and in-charge of their campers at all times. A minimum of two adults per troop is required and Safety Activity Checkpoints ratios must be maintained (1:6 for Brownies, 1:8 for Juniors, 1:10 for Cadettes, and 1:12 for Seniors and Ambassadors). Additional adults will be accepted if space is available.
All campers will have the opportunity to participate in the following:
- Team building challenge course– spend some time learning to work as a team while challenging your minds and your bodies on a low ropes course.
- Environmental education– Learn about nature the best way, through hands on activities that help girls connect with nature. Activities could include a night hike, science experiments, wildlife tracking, or pond study.
- All-Camp evening game and campfire ceremony– All troops participating in Outdoor Corp will have a blast during our evening all-camp game and will relive all their memories at our campfire ceremony with skits and songs sure to leave the group talking for days!
- Troop service project– Help keep camp looking its best! Troops may chose from a variety of projects such as sorting craft supplies, rearranging kitchen supplies, clearing a trail or installing birdhouses for nesting birds to stay at camp.
Additionally girls may choose to also participate in one or more of the following sessions as time allows:
- Explore camp workshop– Girls will explore camp to find a special place to call their own at camp. On the way you’ll learn about the plants an animals that live at camp, and will play some fun games as well!
- Outdoor cooking workshop– girls will learn how to be safe when cooking outdoors and will make a delicious dessert over a camp fire!
- Archery Workshop– Aim and fire! Participants will discover the 12 steps to archery and will practice perfecting their aim.
- Geocache Workshop– Explore the wilderness of camp as you use GPS technology to find treasure hidden by other girls. Then learn how to make your own Geocache and hid it at camp for the next group to discover!
- Outdoor cooking workshop– girls will learn to be safe when cooking outdoors and will cook a yummy meal over a camp fire.
- Adventure skills workshop— Campers will learn to prepare for all kinds of adventures! Discover the best spots for hanging a hammock, learn how to pack a tripping backpack
- Archery workshop- Aim and fire! Participants will discover the 12 steps to archery and will practice perfecting their aim.
- Outdoor cooking workshop– Girls will review fire safety and then will learn creative campfire cooking techniques, from paper bag bacon and eggs to dutch oven bread!
Upcoming Outdoor Adventure Weekends:
August 23-25. 2013
August 9-11, 2013
September 27-29, 2013
April 19-21, 2013