Camp Pricing and Payment
Our council has a three-tier pricing structure, in response to difficult financial times and realizing that families have different abilities to pay. Please take a look at our rate descriptions below and determine which of the three prices your family is able and willing to pay for your camper’s Girl Scout camp experience. This is strictly an honor system and in no way influences the quality of the experience. As always, no girl will be turned away due to an inability to pay, so grants for campers are available. When filling out the registration form, please list the rate you choose.
Paying for Resident Camp
Cookie Sale Program
Through the Girl Scout Cookie Sale Program, girls develop the five important skills of goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills and business ethics.
Not only does the Girl Scout Cookie Sale Program help finance the local Girl Scout council and its camps, it also supports the troops. Along with 50-60 cents per package troops earn for selling cookies, participating girls also receive individual recognition items and Cookie Program Credits depending on their individual sales.
• Cookie Program Credits (CPC)- Every girl receives $5 in CPC for every 50 packages of Girl Scout Cookies that she sells between February 2 and March 17, 2013.
• Juliette Bucks- In addition to cookie program credits, Juliettes earn 50 or 60 cents per package sold between February 2 and March 17, 2013.
Cookie Program Credit and Juliette Bucks can be used to pay for program event fees (including troop horseback riding), resident camp fees, troop camp fees, day camp fees, merchandise in the Girl Scout shops and camp trading posts. They CANNOT be used for a deposit for resident, troop or day camp or redeemed for cash and they are nontransferable except to a sister.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois is dedicated to giving as many girls as possible the chance to experience our quality camp programs with our Grants for Campers.
Attach all requested documentation, including the family’s most recent financial return and include it with your registration. Incomplete paperwork will result in a delay of the registration process. Girls may apply for grants to cover one resident/troop camp session and/or one day camp session, up to a total cost of $250 per girl per year. This grant form is for all types of camp experiences.
Please note the following guidelines when applying for grants:
• Grant amounts approved are based on the level of financial need demonstrated on grant application.
• Girls applying for grants must participate in at least one council product sale program or she will not be eligible to receive the full $250.
• Enclose a $25 nonrefundable deposit, payable to GSEIWI, for each registration. You may choose to pay with a check, money order or credit card.
• Grant funding is limited and not all requests may be granted. The first round of grants will be determined from requests received as of April 1. If money remains, a second round may be awarded after May 1. You must submit any requests for grants and all requested documentation with your registration form and deposit, no later than four weeks prior to the beginning of the camp sessions. Incomplete grant paperwork will result in a delay of the registration process.
Additional Types of Payment
Troop Profit- Troops may decide to use a portion of the profits from their yearly fundraising efforts to go towards their members attending camp. Girls must vote to determine if they want to use their funds in this way.
Gift Certificates- Gift Certificates are available in any amount at all of our council shops and can be used for resident camp as well as other council sponsored programs.