Fall Product Sale
Fall Product Sale Program
The Fall Sale Program is a great way for troops to earn money to help support troop activities, purchase supplies and materials and participate in Girl Scout events. We are proud to offer troops 25 percent profit on all sales they make — one of the highest percentages offered by any Girl Scout council in the country!
The sale offers high-quality nuts and chocolates from Ashdon Farms as well as magazines and photo keepsakes from QSP.
Online sales begin October 13. Door-to-door sales will run from November 1-November 16. Products will be delivered in early December.
The Fall Sale Program is an important learning opportunity: Girls learn five basic skills that will serve them for a lifetime.
This video was produced by another Girl Scout council. Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois do not use Address Booklets or offer a Kindle as a recognition item. The Fall Sale Program is an important learning opportunity: Girls learn five basic skills that will serve them for a lifetime.
Goal Setting: Girls set goals individually and as a team. Then they create a plan to reach them. They develop cooperation and team building skills along the way.
Decision Making: Girls help decide how the team will spend their troop proceeds, furthering critical thinking and problem solving skills that will help in many aspects of life.
Money Management: Girls take orders, handle customers’ money and gain valuable and practical life skills around financial literacy.
People Skills: Girls learn how to talk to, listen to and work with all kinds of people while participating in the Fall Sale Program. These experiences help them to develop healthy relationship and conflict resolution skills they can use throughout their lives.
Business Ethics: Girls are honest and responsible at every step of the Fall Sale Program. Their business ethics reinforce the positive values they are developing as Girl Scouts.
Project Thank You
Project Thank-You is a council-sponsored service project. Girl Scouts will offer their customers the option to purchase nut and candy products or magazine vouchers for $6 each to be donated for distribution through Convoy of Hope. Girls who sell 6 or more items for Project Thank-You will receive the Share patch.
Convoy of Hope is a humanitarian-relief organization. Their goal is to bring help and hope to those who are impoverished, hungry and hurting. Today, more than 65 million people have been served throughout the world by Convoy of Hope. To learn more about Convoy of Hope, visit their website www.convoyofhope.org.
Dates to Remember
- October 13, 2014 – Online Program opens
- November 1, 2014 – Door to door order taking begins
- November 16, 2014 – All order taking ends
- BY November 17, 2014 – Orders due to troop (paper magazine order forms and payments, nuts/candy order cards and online sales report from any online sales)
- November 17, 2014 – Troop orders due in NutE by 11 pm
- November 18, 2014 – Paper magazine order forms due from Troop to Service Unit Product Manager
- December 3, 4, 5, 2014 – Service Unit deliveries
- December 5 – 14, 2014 – Girls deliver products and collect money
- December 15, 2014 – Money due to troop
- December 19, 2014 – PCF due to Finance
- December 22, 2014 – ACH withdrawal of troop payment
Magazines, Photo Keepsakes and Products
- Ordering magazines and photo keepsakes online means they arrive at the subscriber’s home quicker than those ordered on paper.
- Ordering products online helps girls reach friends and family who were unable to order in the past due to distance related issues.
Please note: QSP does not rent or sell e-mail addresses or use them for any other purposes. We respect everyone’s right to privacy.
- All major credit cards accepted
- Subscriptions start faster
- No paper order forms to complete
- No need to collect money
How Does It Work?
NOTE: The Icon will go live once the sale begins.
Create an account and follow the instructions on the page to send emails to customers.
- An email will be sent to the addresses chosen asking them to make purchase. If a purchase isn’t made, two follow up emails will be sent at 1 week intervals reminding customers that there is still time to make a purchase. That is a total of 3 emails.
- Customers order through the online site and pay directly via credit card.
- At the end of the sale, an email will be sent to the girl via the email address provided reminding her to print a copy of her Online Sales Report.
- Girls must submit an Online Sales Report to their Troop Product Manager or Troop Leader by the deadline to receive credit for these sales and to earn the Online Patch for entering 12 or more emails.
- Orders received after November 16, 2014 will be processed but cannot be counted towards girls total sales, recognitions, or troop proceeds.