Go Red Patch Program
A patch program for girls who love their hearts.
The American Heart Association and the University of Iowa Heart and Vascular Center, along with the Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois are offering the Go Red Girl Scouts patch.
The program seeks to bring Girl Scouts and the women they love together to raise awareness of the danger of heart disease as a serious women’s health issue that starts with lifestyle habits developed early in life. The patch activities teach you how to keep your heart strong.
Our mission for the Go Red Girl Scouts patch program is to encourage you to:
- Love your heart
- Make healthier choices
- Empower women you love to do the same
Resources from the Go Red Patch Book
- To Your Heart Be True lyrics
- Love Your Heart Journal
- Kids Activity Pyramid
- Don’t Smoke Word Search
- Healthy Heart Quiz
- Fruit and Veggie Trivia and Fruit and Veggie Trivia Answers
- Smoking Message Puzzle
- Healthy Message Puzzle
- Go Red Postcard
Games & Trivia
- National Geographic quiz about the heart- http://kids.nationalgeographic.com
- Kids Health quiz on the cardiovascular system- http://kidshealth.org
- Healthy Fridge quiz on foods that are good for your heart- http://www.healthyfridge.org/kids.html
- Education World to discover the heart through activities- http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/lesson/lesson100.shtml