Many successful business women will tell you they sold Girl Scout Cookies. If you look at women in politics, Fortune 500 companies and those who are entrepreneurs, you are literally looking at the who’s-who of former CEOs- cookie executive officers.
The Cookie Sale Program is the largest girl-led business in the country and every dollar raised during the sale stays with the council.
2015 Cookie Sales Recognitions
Girls voted and here are the results. See all the cool items you can earn by reaching your goals for cookie sales!
Everything girls do in Girl Scouts is designed to grow them into leaders of courage, confidence and character. Through the Cookie Sale Program, girls learn the 5 Skills that are an important piece in the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
The 5 Skills
- Goal Setting Girl Scouts set cookie sales goals individually and with their team, create a plan to reach them, and develop cooperation and team building skills all along the way!
- Decision Making Girl Scouts help decide how her troop will spend their cookie money, furthering their critical thinking and problem solving skills that will help them in many aspects of their lives.
- Money Management Girl Scouts take cookie orders, handle customers’ money and gain valuable and practical life skills around financial literacy.
- People Skills Girl Scout learn how to talk to, listen to, and work with all kinds of people while selling cookies. These experiences help them develop healthy relationships and conflict resolution skills she can use throughout her life.
- Business Ethics Girl Scouts are honest and responsible at every step of the cookie sale. Their business ethics here reinforce the positive values they develop as Girl Scouts.
Former Girl Scouts of the USA CEO Kathy Cloninger explains how “the cookie sale program is the best financial literacy training program” for girls in the country in her new book, Tough Cookies. Learn more!