Girl Scouts would not be possible without the thousands of adults who volunteer their time to give girls the best Girl Scouting experience possible. This section will provide you with the resources to begin your journey as a leader.
New this year!
The New Leader Checklist found in your new leader packet, and as a link here. This will give you the first steps you need to take as a new leader to get off to a successful year. Also, watch for the Steps of Support emails that you will receive 30, 60 and 90 days after you have been approved as a leader. Add NewLeaderSupport@GirlScoutsToday.org as a “safe sender” to ensure you receive the Steps of Support emails.
- 15 re:New 15 minutes after a service unit meeting for new leaders to ask any questions they might have.
- Learning to Lead Special sessions for new leaders to get off to a great start held by service units or the council via webinars.
Questions? Email us!
On your mark…The New Leader Checklist
- □ 1. Complete your volunteer application and background check
- □ 2. Meet your Girl Scout support team
- □ 3. Complete your required training
- □ 4. Get to know your resources
- □ 5. Decide on a troop meeting place and secure a co-leader
- □ 6. Hold a parent meeting
- □ 7. Set up a troop bank account
- □ 8. Attend your service unit meeting and connect with other leaders
Click here to print the complete New Leader Checklist.
Get set…The 30 Day Checklist
- □ 1. Plan your first troop meeting
- □ 2. Review Helpful Tips to Get You Started
- □ 3. Review Ins and Outs of Managing Troop Funds
- □ 4. How to create your new online eBiz account
Click here to print the complete 30 Day Checklist.
Go…The 60 Day Checklist
- □ 1. Discover the National Program Portfolio
- □ 2. Review Volunteer Essentials
- □ 3. Product sales and the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- □ 4. Access the online event calendar
- □ 5. Girl Scout traditions and lingo
Click here to print the complete 60 Day Checklist.
Grow… The 90 Day Checklist
- □ 1. Discover your avenues of support
- □ 2. Review options to get outside at camp
- □ 3. Explore additional training and support
- □ 4. Plan to celebrate milestones
Click here to print the complete 90 Day Checklist.