Girl Scouts would not be possible without the thousands of adults who volunteer their time to give girls the best Girl Scouting experience possible. This section will provide you with the resources to begin your journey as a leader.
We want to make your first year of Girl Scouts run as smoothly as possible! You will find resources and people at every turn who are ready to help you.
We have a series of checklists with steps to help you. You received the first 4 steps in your New Leader Packet when you were recruited, and the next steps will be coming to your inbox as emails. You will receive emails 30, 60 and 90 days after you have been approved as a leader. They are all available here for you to review or print.
Please add NewLeaderSupport@GirlScoutsToday.org as a “safe sender” to ensure you receive the Steps of Support emails.
Questions? Email us!
Learning to Lead Training
Learning to Lead Special learning sessions for new leaders to answer your questions, share ideas and resources and give you a great start. These are held either through your local Leader Meetings or as webinars where you can participate in the comfort of your own home. Follow the link below to register to attend a webinar.
New Leaders: Learning to Lead Training
(Session 1, Session 2, Session 3)
On your mark…The New Leader Checklist
- □ 1. Complete your volunteer application and background check
- □ 2. Meet your Girl Scout support team
- □ 3. Complete your required training
- □ 4. Get to know your resources
- □ 5. Decide on a troop meeting place and secure a co-leader
- □ 6. Hold a parent meeting
- □ 7. Set up a troop bank account
- □ 8. Attend your leader meeting and connect with other leaders
Click here to print the complete New Leader Checklist.
Get set…The 30 Day Checklist
- □ 1. Plan your first troop meeting
- □ 2. Review Helpful Tips to Get You Started
- □ 3. Review Ins and Outs of Managing Troop Funds
- □ 4. How to create your new online eBiz account
Click here to print the complete 30 Day Checklist.
Go…The 60 Day Checklist
- □ 1. Discover the National Program Portfolio
- □ 2. Review Volunteer Essentials
- □ 3. Product sales and the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- □ 4. Access the online event calendar
- □ 5. Girl Scout traditions and lingo
Click here to print the complete 60 Day Checklist.
Grow… The 90 Day Checklist
- □ 1. Discover your avenues of support
- □ 2. Review options to get outside at camp
- □ 3. Explore additional training and support
- □ 4. Plan to celebrate milestones
Click here to print the complete 90 Day Checklist.