Girl Scouts would not be possible without the thousands of adults who volunteer their time to give girls the best Girl Scouting experience possible. This section will provide you with the resources to begin your journey as a leader.
Questions? Email us!
On your marks…
- Submit your troop volunteer application for background screening. If not completed at your area’s recruitment night, please contact your regional membership manager for information on how to complete this vital step. Please include your email in order to receive our council enews.
- Complete the required training. Additional training is available for camping, traveling and specialized activities.
- Meet your leader mentor. This person will help you navigate your first year. If you have not been contacted by a leader mentor within one week of approval, contact your regional membership manager.
- Attend your local service unit meeting.
- Find a co-leader or assistant leader to help lead the troop.
- Open a troop checking account.
- Plan a parent meeting.
- Ask family members to perform specific tasks to support the troop.
- Find a consistent troop meeting site.
- Collect registration forms and dues.
- See what a sample troop year looks like.
- Check out our leader resources.
- A Quick Start! Girl Scouts has identified “10 Essential Elements for a fantastic troop experience! Volunteers can see what those are, plus get specific resources—including excerpts from the adult guides to Leadership Journeys— to execute each of the 10 Elements.
- Learn how to hold a parent meeting.
- Hold your first meeting.
- Register for events.